Throughout York University’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, York has remained focused on the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff. This commitment has never wavered and remains the guiding tenet as the University prepares to enact a carefully planned and measured return to its campuses.
The Division of Finance and Administration oversees the university’s information technology services, facilities services, community safety and ancillary services, and continues to focus on three objectives: promoting campus health and safety, supporting academic and research excellence, and meeting the diverse operational needs of the university.
To ensure a safe environment where everyone can feel comfortable returning to campus, the following procedures are being implemented:
- Physical distancing procedures with re-arranged classrooms, shared offices, libraries, research and teaching labs and other spaces.
- Signage that encourages and instruct everyone to practice physical distancing and proper hand hygiene,
- Signs indicating maximum occupancy in rooms and elevators.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting in high traffic areas in keeping with guidelines from Public Health Ontario.
- New sanitizer dispensers will be installed across both campuses.
- Protective measures such as Plexiglass barriers and sneeze guards will be installed in high traffic areas where maintaining physical distancing isn’t possible.
- Non-medical fabric mouth and nose coverings will be available to students, faculty and staff who are required to be on campus and to be used when physical distancing is not possible. According to Canada’s chief public health officer, the wearing of a mouth and nose cover is an added layer of protection that can help protect those around you. A non-medical mouth and nose cover is NOT a replacement for required personal protective equipment (PPE).
To learn more about York’s phased return to campus plan, please visit YU Better Together
The Division of Finance and Administration (DFA)
To ensure the continuing growth and success of the University, the Division of Finance and Administration supports the central academic mission of York University by providing a high level of administrative service, enhancing the quality of campus life, and by ensuring fiscal responsibility. The Division provides administrative infrastructure and support service to the York community as a whole and is actively engaged in monitoring its operations.