Take Our Kids to Work is a national program of The Learning Partnership and has existed since 1994. More than 1.5 million young Canadians and tens of thousands of workplaces have participated in the program.
The Take Our Kids to Work program illustrates the importance of education, skills development and training while giving students the opportunity to experience the world of work and the variety of career opportunities that await them.
The Take Our Kids to Work program enables the entire community - parents, teachers and workplaces - to play an important role in the career development of young Canadians.
The annual Take Our Kids to Work day at the University is co-hosted by the Office of the Vice-President, Finance and Administration and the Human Resources and Employee Relations Department.
Articles & Photos
- 2013 - Y-File - High-school students enjoy some on the job training
- 2011 - Y-File - Grade 9 students visit York for the day
- 2010 - Y-File - Grade 9 students visit York to try work on for size
- 2009 - Y-File - Take Our Kids to Work Day draws another full house
- 2006 - Y-File - Grade nine students learn about work and York
- 2005 - Y-File - A day at York University for Grade 9 students